Monday, November 7, 2011

Love on the Line

Hello Everyone, sorry for the long delay, I have been having problems with being able to post on my blog.  With that said, I'm excited to review this next book.  I hope you get the time to read it.  Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist takes us to the wild wild west where the train robbers are stars and the industrial revolution is starting to boom.  Georgie Gail is a forward thinking woman who has a job as a switchboard operator in Brenham, Texas.  Her position is revered by most woman because of her ability to live on her own and have a job.  She's a fun and lively character who has a very passionate hobby of watching birds.  This is also leads her into some mischief, I don't want to give anything else away, so please dear readers READ THIS BOOK!

As you can see I thoroughly enjoyed this book, there was humor, mystery, and a great historical picture of times past.  Deeanne Gist does a great job at adding historical facts in her stories, so you'll always walk away with a little bit of education too.  This would be considered a light Christian book in my viewpoint.  There isn't much talk about faith, and most likely you won't leave with a sense that you grew closer to God.  For instance a Francine Rivers book always makes me think about my spiritual walk with God, whereas this book is mainly a fun read.  Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment