Friday, January 18, 2013

Waiting for Spring

Hello World,
Our sweet kids were up super early today.  Liv leading the infantry with giggles and lots of kisses.  She has found a way to get up on our bed, and then our sweet Kylar came in asking "Mom is it morning yet" and then our rough and tumble Drew ran and jumped into bed with me too.  What a blessing my kids are, it's mornings like this where I feel fully encompassed by love :)  Are you having a good morning?

Waiting for Spring by Amanda Cabot is the story of Charlotte.  Charlotte has many burdens and secrets she is trying to hide from the town Cheyenne.  She has to be very careful with who she get's close to and in no uncertain terms she can not get close to a perspective senator Barrett Landry.  Barrett has dreams of greatness but in order to take the first step to being a senator he must marry.  The perfect bride would be Miriam the daughter of the local newspaper owner.  The only problem is he can't seem to get Charlotte out of his mind.

Ms. Cabot writes an interesting book.  Full of beautiful landscapes of the Wyoming territory, and an intriguing story line that will keep the reader wondering.  I loved how Ms. Cabot weaves Christ's lessons of love, forgiveness, and ultimately grace in her story.  The characters are real and you feel their pain and, but also their joy.  So dear readers if you're looking for a wholesome romance please read Amanda Cabot's Waiting for Spring.

“Available January 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”
*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

What a great reminder :)  When I was in high school I wrote this verse on my wall, so when I woke up it would be a reminder to me how I should treat others in school.  Now as I'm older I'm thinking I need to write this on my heart, to daily remind me once again how I should treat others whoever and whenever I meet them.
 

2 comments:

  1. Breanna -- Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it enough to recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, anytime I enjoy reading God oriented romance books.

    ReplyDelete