Sunday, January 6, 2013

Vanished

Hello World,
I know today is Sunday and I usually don't blog on Sunday but I was too excited to wait :)  Sometimes you just have to jump in and get started with the New Year.  How are you?  Have you decided on a New Year's resolution?  I always have one, maybe because my birthday is on New Year's day, and it feel like since I'm starting a new age as well as a new age I need a new resolution.  My resolution is to practice my cello every day and by golly get back into shape!

Vanished by Irene Hannon is the story of reporter Moira Harrisons.  After a car crash Moira is certain that she hit someone and that someone was in dangerous trouble.  The only problem is that there isn't any evidence of her hitting anyone or the good Samaritan who said he would call the police and get help for the person she hit.  Feeling convicted that something is wrong she hires private investigator Cal Burke to dig a little deeper into the mystery of the vanishing person.

This was a book that had a lot of intrigue and suspense.  It kept me wanting to read more into each character to see why they acted the way they did.  Ms. Hannon has a really interesting writing point by already telling the reader who dunit, because of this she's able to dwell into the thought process of the protagonist and antagonist as well.  All in all an enjoyable read that will keep you wondering how it will end.  So dear readers if you're looking for a good Christian suspense book, this is the book for you.
Available January 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,


With a New Year I feel even more the importance of laying aside every weight, and sin that clings so closely to me, and running the race with endurance as it is set before me :)  I'm making this my verse this year.  As I'm running, showering, practicing, being a mom, interacting with people, or blogging I want to run with endurance the race set before me.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment