Saturday, January 12, 2013

Unglued



Hello World :)

Yesterday we took down the crib for the last time, our sweet Livie girl moved into a big girl bed.  My heart is bittersweet because she is my last one and she is growing up too fast for this little mama's heart.  Is anything happening in your life where you are like, this is way too fast!  I would love to hear about it.

Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst is a book about emotions.  Happy, sad, angry, frustrated, or anxious all of these emotions were given to us by God, but it's up to us how we use them wisely.  This book is about gaining control of the emotions God has given and using them to make you a better person in Christ. 

First and foremost look very closely at the the image on the book.  There is a woman sticking her head in a bag and I assume she's screaming.  Have you ever felt like that?  I know I have, and always after I scream or spurt something not very pretty I regret it.  Most of the time it's with people I love most, and I can be pretty mean whenever I become Unglued.  What about you?  Do you spew emotional garbage out of your mouth whenever your frustrated, tired, angry, or have no control?  If you do, then this book is for you dear readers.    This book will help you trust God whenever it seems that He is far away, will help you control the emotions that you have, and help you grow closer to our Father who gave us all these amazing emotions :)  Because, truly, emotions are an awesome gift.  So dear readers if you have ever felt unglued you need to read this book by Lysa Terkeurst it's raw and poignant and for me at least a big life changer.

*This book was given to me via Zondervan in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

1 Corinthians 6: 19-20
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?  You are not your own, for you were bought with a price.  So glorify God in your body.

Over the last few years I have forgotten this verse.  I stuff food into my mouth on a consistent basis that isn't good for my body.  I have stopped exercising  my body.  I don't think that's really glorifying God with my body.  The reality hit me when I consider that my body should be a temple for the Holy Spirit.  If my body was a house, and the Holy Spirit was invited to stay in it I would clean it from top to bottom making sure it was spotless and smelling great.  I need to do that with my body, because I glorify God when I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment