Monday, January 14, 2013

Choices of the Heart

Hello World,
I had just an amazing morning with my mom's Bible Study.  I love that I can get together with like women to grow closer to God.  It really is a big blessing and it also rejuvenates this tired mama :)  Do you go to a Bible Study?  If you live in Amarillo I want to encourage you to check out Hillside Christian Church, they have some awesome studies this semester and it seems that they always have a group for each life point.  If you're a mom in the Amarillo area I would love for you to join us at 9:30 on Mondays for our Bible Study Unglued :)

Choices of the Heart by Laurie Alice Eakes is the third installment in The Midwives series.  This story is about Esther.  Esther comes from a long line of midwives and is fully expected to become one herself.  Her life is full of potential until she makes a poor choice and she is forced to leave her beloved family.  Hoping to seek refuge in the mountains of Virginia as a teacher, she unknowingly walks into the middle of a family feud.  Now Esther is not only forced to deal with her past choices, but also the present choices that could potentially be life threatening.

To all my love triangle fans out there, this book is definitely for you :)  I think you'll enjoy the relationships between both Esther, Zach, and Griff.  It definitely made the story interesting because of the rift between Zach and Griff's family.  I also really enjoyed how we didn't find out right away what Esther's poor choice was.  I was dying to know and Ms. Eakes very skillfully kept me waiting.  This was an interesting read about the mountain people of Virginia as well as the health practices of that time.  So dear readers if you're looking for a good family feud and a love triangle go ahead and read Choices of the Heart.

This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.
 “Available January 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-- his good, pleasing and perfect will.

It is really easy for me to get in a pattern.  I would like to say my brain is like a big ol' pile of mud and when the world rains down on me little tiny rivers go through that mud and make patterns on my brain.  With this verse I am reminded of the need to constantly bring the light of the Word in on my big ol' pile of mud to erase those worldly patterns.  In doing this I make room for God's will (or river on my mind)  His good, pleasing and perfect will be creating patterns in my mind instead of this worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment