Saturday, June 9, 2012

Visions of the Coming Days

Hello World,
I wanted to get something out to you today, but it is with an honest heart that I approach this review.  Visions of the Coming Days is a book about "biblically grounded prophetic visions" (taken from the back of the cover).    When I chose to review this book, I thought it was slightly lighter, unfortunately it broached topics that I am not knowledgeable on, and I have no real educational background on this topic.  Because of this I am in the process of contacting Dr. David Reagan a well known theologian and  teacher.  I'm hoping he will help me validate the author's facts and to ease my heart that the author is a sound and biblical prophet.  Here is a small summary about him taken from the Lamb and the Lion Ministries.


"Dave is a life-long Bible student, teacher, and preacher. He entered the full time ministry in 1976 when he was called to serve as the pulpit minister for a church in Irving, Texas. His ordination as a Christian minister has been formally recognized by three different Christian groups."


I hope you understand that I can not give an honest review right at this moment and bear with me until next Saturday when I have more information on the matter.  If you are a pastor reading this please feel free to comment.  I would love to hear your facts on modern day prophets and I would really appreciate your Biblical experience.  Thank you again for your patience.



Isaiah 40:31
Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
I just love this verse.  Of course it's asking for patience (I'm slightly giggling right now, with what I just asked you dear readers to do with me for my review), but here it's saying why we should wait for the Lord.  We will gain strength, we'll be on the wings of eagles, we'll run and not get tired!  We will walk and not become weary, oh what a beautiful thing God promises us if we just have a little bit of patience on His perfect timing.  

1 comment:

  1. Is this book about "continuing revelation" from God or how we interpret prophecy from the Bible in light of what is going on today(Like Luke 21:7-20).

    In short I don't believe in continuing revelation from God. The Scripture is complete, the Canon was closed when the Apostle John died(commonly believed to be the last apostle of Christ living).

    ReplyDelete