Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hunter's Prize

Hello World,
One of the things I find truly amazing about living in Amarillo is the fact that we have to water our grass!  I thought maybe it would be fine not to water it.  Unfortunately, just recently I found out that if you don't water your grass the ground can get so dry that it cracks and can cause problems with your foundation.  So every day around 9:00 my grass gets watered :-)  Do you have a regular morning routine?

Hunter's Prize is a multifaceted story, it brings together characters that are so different you would have never imagined the connection.  It is almost like in a crazy quilt, the patches of cloth is brilliantly sewn together to create beauty.  This story brings together Ceddy a boy who just recently lost his parents, Addie a young woman wanting to fly from her parents nest, Pearson a man daunted by a terrible accident, and Priscilla a wry woman with a quick wit.  Like that crazy quilt you would have never imagined the characters together until they were so beautifully written in this book.

I will admit when I first started reading the book I went to the back of the cover several times to see if this was actually the book I was supposed to be reviewing.  The beginning for me was a bit confusing because I was expecting to first see Addie the main character, when I didn't I was slightly confused by that.  After the first couple of pages though, the book took it's hold on me and I couldn't put it down.  Marcia Gruver does a  great job at describing the Autistic Spectrum Disorder in Ceddy the little boy, and I really did appreciate the care and sensitivity in how she wrote.  Addie and Pearson's relationship was fun to see and I thought it was fun to see Pearson's perseverance.  So dear readers if you're looking for a romance/mystery/faith filled book Hunter's Prize is for you.
*This book was given to me via netgalley for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it

Acts 2:44-47
All the believers were together and had everything in common.  Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need.  And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people.  And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Todd and I went to a Bible Study called 2:44 it was in essence this verse. " Where they were together, had everything in common."  We would meet every Sunday night to eat dinner, but then we would dive into a chapter of the Bible and dissect it, discuss it, and apply it.  Not only did we meet on Sundays but we made a commitment to meet on weekdays, or help one another out with moving, or fix a car that was broken (that happened to me) for free.  We lived our lives together, supporting each other, praying for each other, and keeping each other accountable.  Is your church like this?  Do you have a group of believers where you can essentially live the Acts 2:44-47 verses?  If you do, isn't it a sweet feeling, if you don't, start one, you won't be  disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment