Monday, June 25, 2012

The Director's Cut

Hello World!
What a busy day I have a lot to do today.  And very random, but I seriously just saw a squirrel fall off of a tree in front of my window lol.  I probably should check and see if the little thing is ok, but I'm laughing to hard.  Oh boy that totally made my day.  Now because this little episode has changed my entire introduction paragraph, I want to ask if there has been anything lately that's made you laugh?

The Director's Cut by Janice Thompson sets the reader in the great shining city of Hollywood.  Where you'll see actors as you walk by, and be introduced to the inner workings of television.  Tia Morales is a woman to be reckoned with, a tough director who likes her world to be organized.  Unfortunately her life isn't as peachy outside of her job as she would like it.  With her family needing her, a house to flip, and a stress level too high what is a girl like her to do?

This book was a hoot to read.  Seriously, it was great.  I found myself cheering this girl on as she  walked in her faith and daily tried to be a Christian in a very secular world of television.  Not only was this book fun to read, but I actually found myself wanting to read the previous two books in the series.  Never has that happened before!  So Ms. Thompson if you're reading this please contact me via my blog jesusbookgirl.blogspot.com I would love to review your other two books in this series :-)  Now dear readers, if you want a book to make you laugh, grow a little closer in your walk with God, and see the inner workings of a television series you should read Director's Cut.
*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.  Also it is “Available June  2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Ecclesiastes 1:2
"Everything is meaningless," says the Teacher, "Utterly meaningless!"

I don't know if I told you but a few months back I felt convicted to read the Old Testament or as Pastor Tommy says the First Testament (a discussion to be had in a later time).  I read today the first chapter of Ecclesiastes, and what a sad thing for King Solomon to say, but I understand why he's saying it.  Without God and the blood of Christ (his death and resurrection for our sins) our life would be meaningless.  We would be forever separated from the one God who loves us fully and completely.  Yes that would lead to everything being meaningless, utterly meaningless.  Thank you Jesus Christ for taking my sins, thank you for loving me.  My gratitude will be forever, my praise for you is too small.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment