Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lily

Hello World,
This week has been inundated with crazy busy errands!  Can I just tell you that if you live in Amarillo, TX and need cabinet work done contact Chris Reed.  He does a phenomenal job, and will give you a fair price.  Don't and I mean DON'T go to Lowes or Home Depot to get cabinets, you'll pay more and you won't support a local business, and if you remember from my review of Year of Plenty (click here for the review) it's always good to support locally owned businesses. So go ahead and google Chris Reed of Amarillo, TX you won't regreat it..

Now on to Lily,
Lily is the eldest daughter who finds herself in a situation where she needs to provide for her youngest siblings.  Not wanting to marry because of convenience she purchases half of a steamboat.  Unfortunately, at the time she thinks that she purchased the full ownership of the steamboat.  In walks in Blake, a man with a serious gambling problem and desperately needing revenue.  What entails is an adventure full of suspense, romance, and fun.

I hate giving poor reviews when it isn't the authors fault...  I really wanted to like this book, but the editing was so bad that I literally had to re-read certain sentences to understand them.  It kind of dampens the reading spirit when you're forced to stop mid-imagination to re-read a sentence :-(  Upon seeing that this wasn't getting better I contacted the publishers.  They were very quick to respond, and I appreciated that, but they were unable to help me obtain a newer edited version.  I hope you understand dear readers that this was not the fault of the author, and this book could be really good.  I just can't say that it is because of all the editing problems.
*This e-book was given to me via netgalley in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

Hebrews 6:1 ESV
Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God.

Woowee, these are heedy words.  Words that ask me to stop being immature in my faith, and to already have a foundation in repentance and faith.  To go on with my relationship with God and to grow in Him.  I pray that I'm doing that, are you doing that?

No comments:

Post a Comment