Saturday, June 2, 2012

Moonblood

Hello World!
Well today has been a busy day.  We first did a walk to fight cancer, then I did a wrap party, and then we had to go shopping for a new wall oven, because ours stopped working last night :-(  It has been a day without any of our regular routine and I can tell we're suffering it.  The kids missed their nap because of all the busyness, and our now pretty grumpy.  Hopefully ( I really am hoping)  they'll nap now and won't be so cranky for the rest of the afternoon.  What do you do on Saturdays?

Moonblood, is a science fiction/fantasy book.  It is the journey to find a friend who had been banished from her kingdom, a journey to conquer the deep seeded evil in the land, and a journey to find ones true self.  Booklist has described this series to be like C.S. Lewis' Narnia series, and I tend to agree with them.  There are many mythical creatures that you'll come across, and the world alone is different then earth, but who would read a sci-fi if it was on the planet earth?  Honestly, I don't think anyone :-)

Anne Elisabeth Stengl does a superb job of describing this new and foreign world to the readers, and is extremely eloquent in her writing.  I did however, kind of feel like I was in a row boat without a paddle.  With out reading the previous books, I found myself confused at points where it referenced past stories.  I would not recommend this book to anyone who isn't already fully invested in the series.  Like the t.v. series Arrested Development you will only make yourself frustrated if you start reading this book without reading the prior books.  So if you have already read the previous books in the series or would like to start a new series I highly recommend the Tales of Goldstone Wood, dear readers.
*I received this book via Bethany House (a division of Baker Publishing Group) in hopes of my honest review and I honestly did


Ephesian 4:31-21
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.


Have you ever just had a bad day?  When I don't get sleep or I don't eat, watch out world you're going to hear from me and it's not going to be pretty.  Here this verse is reminding me to let all my bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander to be put away, not only that but malice too.  Sometimes I need to take a breath when I feel myself getting into dangerous emotions like these I need to remember this verse, and to be kind, tenderhearted, forgiving, and always as God in Christ forgave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment