Saturday, June 30, 2012

Introducing the Old Testament


Hello World,
A lot has happened since I last talked to you!  One big thing is that our Liv Shelby has finally decided that sometimes (not all the time) it's easier to walk then crawl.  We're super excited to see our baby girl make such a milestone in her little life.  We also just recently purchased a car, well a Honda Element for that matter.  We have been praying several months for God to provide us with a reliable and inexpensive car for Todd to use.  With Kylar going to preschool next year, and our kids starting to do activities we felt we needed a 2nd car.  God really is good and is always a great provider, we found the Honda at Toyata Street in Amarillo, it was on the lot for over 5 months so they finally priced it below market value.  In our research there were great reviews of the car and $4,000 below Kelly's Blue Book!  What a great deal, I love when God does really cool things like that :-)  Has God answered a prayer for you?  I would love to hear about it.

Introducing the Old Testament is a great guide for what it says introducing the Old Testament :-)  This book is for the reader who desires to understand a synopsis of the books, authorship/date of the books, Genre/style of the books, and Connections to the New Testament.  Oh and Mr. Longman dwells into some theological history too.

First off I am not a Bible Scholar,  I simply am a person who desires to draw closer to God on a daily basis. This being said a Pastor friend of mine told me and I quote " Tremper is wicked smart".  I have to agree with him, the book is extensive without being overwhelming.  It was perfect for me because it didn't use language that was above me, but talking to several Pastor's they wanted to read this book too.  It's the perfect combination of knowledge and wisdom.  Sometimes an author can be full of knowledge, but lack the wisdom to use it appropriately, this is not the truth for Mr. Longman.  So dear readers if you read your Bible (which you should every day :) this would be a great add to your library.
*This book was given to me via netgalley for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.
James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

I'm young, and I have made some really poor choices, but when I read this verse I hope.  All I have to do is ask, and without any reproach God will generously give it to me.  What a delight to know that when I'm not sure about a topic all I have to do is ask and the Lord provides, every. single. time.

No comments:

Post a Comment