Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Heart Like His

Hello World!
So today was the first day that the outdoor swimming pool opened.  Kylar, Drew, and I went there and had a blast.  I love how their little faces light up with earnest expectation :-)  Then while we are there it's running, splashing, jumping, and playing just a perfect time in the afternoon.    Afterwards I made brownies and served it with ice cream, it was a treat for the whole family.  I love summer, if for the only reason that I get to see my kids faces shine with fun while they're playing together.

Ok on to the book :-)

One of the things I love about a Beth Moore Bible Study is the humbleness that she brings to her writing and speeches.  I remember once she described herself like her two grand-kids.  Her grandson wanted to feed his younger sister and Ms. Moore allowed him to do that.  What followed the feeding was a very hilarious picture of carrots all over the little ones face, body, and chair.  Some of the food did get into the mouth but not all.  I remember her saying (I'm paraphrasing here) "Sisters I am like my grandson, I am trying my hardest to feed you the truth, but I am inept and I pray that even some of it gets into you."  What a sincere heart.

 So when I found out that a new edition of a Heart like His was coming out I knew I needed to review it for you.  Beth Moore researches the life of David in such an amazing way that you can not get done with this study and not be changed. What I found (like in all of her studies)  was an in-depth study of the Bible.  Not only will you be immersed in scripture, but hopefully you'll find yourself yearning for "a Heart Like His."  This study is also intended for both genders.  So please don't think you guys can't read this study, you will gain a lot by picking up this book, and I pray that you do.
*This book was given to me via netgalley for my honest opinion and I honestly did.

1 Samuel 16:7
The Lord said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him.  The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

I love this verse.  If you ever doubt that you have value look at this verse and know that the God of the universe is looking at your heart and loves you completely!  Don't fall for what this world thinks, but cling to the one thing that truly matters.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.  What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment