Saturday, May 5, 2012

Building Family Ties with faith Love and Laughter

Hello World,
Happy non-fiction Saturday.  As the days get longer and soccer season (for my husband) is soon ending I have much to be thankful for.  One amazing husband, children who are pretty darn entertaining, and truly God has provided everything for us.  I have a contented heart :-)  How are you doing today?  Are you content with what   God has provided for you?  For some reason God is putting this on my heart for you dear readers.  Even in times of hardship we are to be content and have joy.  He will not leave you or forsake you, and when you need anything you can ask God our Father for it.  Matthew 18:18-20  we'll look at that later.

Building Family Ties with Faith, Love, and Laughter is a book that gives encouraging hints to help your family grow closer to each other.  It discusses key moments, topics, and activities that will arise in a family or can occur.  Dave Stone uses examples to give the reader an idea of what families can do to have fun, and how they can build a Godly child.

This my friend is a highlighting book!  Yes I basically highlighted the whole book.  The ideas in here were amazing and the gentle reminders of what not to do was just perfect.  I loved that he immersed each example in scripture.  For example Mr. Stone emphasized how important a family mission statement is, and how effective dinner at the table is for children.  I will be using these two examples and many more to help my family grow close to God. He was simply brilliant in executing this book, and I will be forever grateful for the unique ideas.  Again, I will definitely be using this book to help my kids grow into adults who love Jesus, and I hope you do too!

Matthew 18:18-20
Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.

What awesome verses, but how often do we take these verses to heart?  I ask you this, because it is stating that when two or more people are together and are praying, God will be listening and it will be done.  Have you ever prayed with people and truly asked God for something unbelievable?  Has it ever actually happened?  I know for me I need to use this verse more often, from protecting my family in times of danger, to praying for things that might seem too hard and too big to actually happen, unless God has in hand in it.  So my dear readers gather a friend or a family member and pray :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment