Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Heiress of Winterwood

Hello World,
Oh boy!  This week will be crazy.  As a musician I've come to the realization that Christmas is busy, full of concerts, Christmas Eve services, and ballet :)  I love it, I love playing for people and I love making music.  My body on the other hand takes a beating.  I am constantly short on sleep, but that's ok because as long as I have vitamin C and D as well as a good chiropractor; I am golden.  How's your Christmas season looking?

The Heiress of Winterwood by Sarah E. Ladd is a story about Amelia, a young lady who desires to fulfill her dearest friends last wishes by taking care of her young daughter.  The baby's Father has just returned from a stint at sea and Amelia has a plan to keep the child, but is God's plans for her or her own desires?

I really enjoyed reading this book.  It was fast paced and it had an interesting take on Christian romance.  Ms. Ladd is a weaver of tales and it's always so refreshing to read her books.  You always get adventure, mystery and romance, but along with that you get a story that keeps you wanting to read to the very end.  I enjoyed Amelia as a character and I understood where she was coming from.  Ameilia wanted to love and care for a child of her best friend who past away and desired God's will in her life.  It reminded me of Romans 8:28 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose".   If you love a story with twists and turns, you will love this book :)

*Yo peeps I received this book by Thomas Nelson so that I could give an honest review.




No comments:

Post a Comment