Friday, December 9, 2016

For the Record


Hello World!
Well today I thought how much fun it would be to enact pictures of the book covers.  Well here is the Bre style, if you look at the top it's slightly different then the cover :)
I had fun taking the picture and I'm excited for the future of this.  Today I took a personal day from work to recoup from this last week of Lone Star Ballet's Nutcracker.  My sweet daughter is an angel in it.  We are absolutely loving it, but those late nights sure do take a toll on this ol' lady.  Thankfully, I did a lot of sitting while my daughter danced and I was able to read Regina Jennings "For the Record".

For the Record introduces us to Joel Puckett and Betsy Huckabee.  Both characters are stalwart in wanting to remain single.  They are focused on their own desires and achieving them.  They don't have time to think about romance let alone the unexpected happenings that bring them together.  Will these two vivacious people find love, and solve the town mystery?

This was a fun book to read and the perfect one to be able to while away the hours as my daughter dances :)  I loved that Joel Puckett held on to his integrity and belief in God even when he had people out to get him.  He was truly the dashing deputy to me, and reminded me very much of my husband who has the very same qualities.  I love that Betsy was an honorable woman of God, even if she didn't fit the mold of her community.  These two together and the town that brought them together made for a great read.  If you're wanting witty characters, an amazing back drop, as well as a tale that involves God's plan for them you definitely need to read this book.

*Yo peeps I received this book through Netgalley in hopes of my honest opinion.

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment