Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Captive Heart



Hello World,
Merry Christmas to you all, I pray that the Lord blesses you and shines His glorious face on you.  This year in particular as been just an amazing year for our family and I'm truly blessed by you dear readers.  Thank you for following me and for reading the Jesus Book Girl Blog.  Someday I hope I can meet each of you if not here then with our Father in heaven :)

The Captive Heart is about Eleanor Morgan a nanny fleeing England because of her employer.  What she hopes to find is a new beginning with an upstanding Charles Towne family, but God has other plans for her.  Samuel Heath meets Eleanor the day he marries her and brings her home to his daughter.  Both have their burdens to carry and with the threat of war coming closer will they be able to rely on God's grace and possibly see His will in the unexpected?

This book definitely packs a punch and had me guessing to the very end.  The story of Eleanor Morgan was intriguing and kept me on my toes with each new twist and turn. The detail in the story made for a beautiful picture in my mind.  I also loved how Ms. Griep stayed true to the time period.  This is definitely a book I enjoy reading on a lazy day and can fully immerse myself.  So dear readers if you're looking for an action packed Christian romance set during the Revolutionary era, this is the book for you.

Isaiah 9:6(ESV)

For to us a child is born,

    to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon[a] his shoulder,
    and his name shall be called[b]
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment