Wednesday, December 28, 2016

An Uncommon Courtship

Hello World!
So I am on my Holiday break, it's a beautiful thing to be able to relax, deep clean, go through old clothes and pick up quilting again.  My husband Todd has saved t-shirts over the years that I would like to make into a quilt for him.  I also have pajama pants for my kiddos to make.  Drew was my first one and he loves his Olaf flannels.  Are you doing anything fun this week?

An Uncommon Courtship by Kristi Ann Hunter brings sweet Adalaide and Trent together.  These two have been placed in a predicament where the only option they have is to get married.  Stuck in a loveless marriage is the last place that Trent wants to be in, but he knows that God will take care of him.  Adalaide has survived her whole life by being a wallflower, how will she ever be able to live in the same house with a stranger.  Will these two learn how to love, or will this marriage continue to be a sham.

This book,  I had to review it.  Seriously, I've been sitting on it for the last four days because I know it's not coming out until January 3rd, but good gravy it was so good!  I even re-read TWICE.   Set in the regency era, I can't help but love reading about the etiquette, dukes, counts, and dresses.   Now for my die hard regency fans, it doesn't stay fully true to the era, but for me the story and character build made up for that.  I absolutely loved Adalaide and Trent, I love how they put their faith in God even when mistakes were made.  It was the perfect read for me, and hopefully, it will be perfect for you too.

*yo peeps, this book was given to me by netgalley for my honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment