Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Quiet Times

Hello World,
Every morning I wake up and start my day with the Word of God, the living breathing Word.  The Bible is so full of life and unexpected surprises that it never grows old.  I have been writing about Christian romance books for so long that I forgot to let you know dear friends that this is the book that I read the most.

I had someone tell me once that they read the whole Bible once and didn't feel the need to read it again.  My heart broke when I heard this, friends, if you are a Christian please read this amazing book!  By golly, if you're not a Christian, read it too :)  Read it every day, not just a verse but dig into it.  Sink your hands into the Word of God and see what Jesus has for you.  The older I get the more I'm convinced that this will help us and guide us on our path.  It will bring us closer in a relationship with Christ, it will teach us about the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the unending love of God.

So when you wake up, plan on making your first thing you do (after that sip of coffee, of course) is have a quiet time.  Maybe even throw a prayer journal in, and then while your reading write down a verse that you'll want to remember.
I'll be praying for you dear friends, and if you need prayer from me specifically I would love to pray for you.  Go ahead and comment and I can pray for you during my quiet times.

No comments:

Post a Comment