Saturday, July 23, 2016

Moms' Night Out

Hello World,
It is Saturday and for the last four days I have been dealing with a migraine.  Migraines are evil, horrible little things that suck the life out of you, make you want to throw the white flag, and say "YOU WIN, For the love of Pete please just be done!".  Thank goodness for a an awesome chiropractor, and massage therapy, I'm finally feeling somewhat normal, well... what my quirky, slightly forgetful self considers normal.

Did you know that they made a book out of the movie Moms' Night Out!!!  I may have gotten overly excited and maybe just a bit cheerful at the fact that I can get more from this movie.  Maybe it's because our sweet main character has three kids like me, or maybe because like me as well her husband travels, or the fact that like her I felt like a fake when I'm doing this whole mom thing.  But the adventure of Allyson Fields' attempt to have one night with her and her friends made me practically giddy.

Tricia Goyer does a phenomenal job at taking the screenplay and adding narrative.  The book goes deeper into the thoughts of characters and gives us a point of view that is just as funny.  This lighthearted and at time poignant book gets to the heart of it.  So all my mom friends, I hope you enjoy the book, and maybe even look at the devotional.  It made for a good laugh and a great message at the end.  You are enough sweet friends, never forget that!

No comments:

Post a Comment