Friday, July 15, 2016

A Heart Most Certain

Hello World
So I'm on summer break :)  Which I think benefits everyone who is reading this.  Summer break gives me copious amounts of time to read and that's exactly what I did last night and today when I read this heart tugging book.  In fact here is a picture where I sat and read, comfy couch and blanket of course!


Melissa Jagears writes about a very serious issue in this book so for my mommas who have kids, please be sure to read this book before you let them read it.  A Heart Most Certain is about the impeccable Lydia King.  Lydia is a woman with a sick mother and inebriated father.  Each day leads her family closer and closer to poverty.  To the point that a good match in marriage is needed.  What seems like an innocent meeting with the very serious Nicholas Lowe  (to impress her future mother in-law) will lead Lydia on a journey of realizing that there is more to this world.

Holy Moly!  Seriously, you know when you read something that makes you think "What can I do"?  Yeah, this was that kind of book.   Lydia and Nicholas go into the red light district of their town to rescue/help prostitutes.  What initially starts as a very selfish desire becomes a calling from God.  I love a book that will make me think, that pulls on my heart strings, the giddy feeling in my tummy that says "why yes please I could read this all day while my kids cause mass chaos in my house".  This book dear friends is that book and more.  It will be available August 2, 2016 and believe it or not I just found it on Amazon so click here to pre-order this amazing book.

Also friends, if you're anything like me, when I read something I like to research it and get involved.  so I'm giving you a link to the National Human Trafficking Resource Center.  Here you can read up on how prevalent it is in the world and what we can do to stop this horrible situation.  NHTRC Website

*Yo, this arc/book was given to me for my honest opinion.  I didn't fudge on my review for any incentives or bribes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment