Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Messenger by Moonlight

Hello World
I stayed up way too late finishing this awesome read.  Thank goodness, I have a husband who daily makes me coffee and when I mean coffee, I mean, this amazing man of mine roasts his own beans, grinds them, and does a pour over, or a breve for me.  If that isn't love, then honestly people, what is love!  (please note that I'm using sarcasm).  This cup was also one of the very first gifts that Todd( i.e. my main squeeze)  gave to me when we were first dating.

I don't know if you have ever read any of Stephanie Grace Whitson's books but if this is the first time you're hearing about this incredible author I suggest you go right on over to her website, click here. This book was so rich in God's amazing grace, and the history of the pony express I really couldn't put it down until it was done.  And trust me dear friends when I say there have been plenty of books that I start reading and I had to stop or skip to the end because they are so horrible.

This book is spoken in two different voices, Annie Paxton and Frank Paxton.  Twins who have an older brother Emmet with a ma who died long ago and a Pa who has just recently passed away.  Penniless and orphaned these three siblings set out on an adventure that brings them to work for the Pony Express.

What follows is an incredible tale woven with descriptive images of what it meant to live at a station and delivering mail considered at the time *"the NASCAR of 1860".  Ms. Whitson's way with words pulled me into the story and into a life I could never live.  I love how each character she introduced made me feel like I could sit down with them and truly talk over coffee.  I loved this book, and I will most likely reread it over again and again.  So if you're wanting this book you can get it fairly cheaply on amazon for the kindle click here.  You won't regret this purchase :)

*parenthesis taken from author's note of Messenger by Moonlight

No comments:

Post a Comment