Monday, December 24, 2012

Live Second

Hello World,
Do you ever find yourself stopping in the midst of a frantic to do list and thinking I need to calm down :)  Sometimes (like today) I found myself more concerned with getting my to do list done then spending time with the people God has placed in my life i.e. my husband and kids.  If you're trying to get everything done before Christmas morning remember to take a break, stop and look at the amazing things God has given you and breathe.

Live Second 365 Ways to Make Jesus First is a daily devotional for those people with crazy busy lives.  It's a stop what your doing and take a breath moment where you can align your heart and mind back to Christ.  This devotional will take you daily to the scriptures with the people who have sat on the big ol' white chair.

I really think this is a neat devotional with great insights into the Word of God.  I loved that you could scan a bar code and see the person's story that was being featured for that week.  It was nice to see how the book included that just in case someone had never seen that specific I Am Second video.  I also enjoyed the questions to each devotional, a lot of times I see a devotional that is more for reading instead of digging deeper into your faith walk.  So dear readers if you want a great devotional to start off the New Year's please read Live Second.
*This book was given to me via booksneeze in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it :)

John 7:37-38
Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.  Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.

Have you ever experienced real thirst?  I can think of several times where I have truly been thirsty, sometimes I can drink two whole glasses when I'm that thirsty.  I always have satisfaction after I'm done drinking my water.  The only problem is that I will always get thirsty again.  So when Jesus says let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.   My ears perk up, I truly desire that kind of contentment, but as the Scripture's say I need to come to Christ for rivers of living water to flow from within me. Through Christ I will always be content and satisfied and never thirst for any other thing again.  How sweet that is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment