Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Dangerous Stage

Hello World,
We are all warm and cozy in our cute little house.  Have you ever stopped to think about what our lives would be without a heater?  I know my cute little house would not be as warm and cozy.  I think sometimes I take for granted that my is full of sweet little blessings that I don't even really have to think about like the heater.  What is something that is a blessing in your life?

A Dangerous Stage by Camy Tang is the second installment of the Protection for Hire series.  This book continues Tessa's story as she grows in her new faith as a Christian.  In this story Tessa has been hired to protect George Mynheir and his daughter Hannah; while he is competing in Grab the Mic a singing competition.  As she struggles to separate her life from the yakuza (an organized crime syndicate originating from Japan) and her precarious relationship with Charles Britton (her lawyer) she must also find out who is trying to kill her clients.

I kind of jumped into this series with this book.  Let me tell you dear readers, I usually don't like doing that, but this book was so good I didn't care.  I loved the action and the added side story of the yakuza.  I had never heard of the yakuza and you know how much I love new information.  Ms. Tang did an excellent job at describing a culture that I'm not very knowledgeable on, she made it come alive and seem very real to me.  She is an excellent writer with great ideas.  I'm excited to read more from her and to see where she'll take the character Tessa.  So dear readers if you like a little action, a little yakuza :), and romance to boot please read A  Dangerous Stage.
*This book was given to me via Zondervan in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it :)

Jeremiah 9: 23-24
This is what the Lord says: "Let not the wise man gloat in his wisdom, or the mighty man in his might, or the rich man in his riches.  Let them boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who is just and righteous, whose love is unfailing, and that I delight in these things.  I , the Lord have spoken!

I love everything that the world considers important is very small in God's eyes.  Wisdom, might and riches don't really matter unless the person that has that truly knows God and understands that He is just and righteous, His love is unfailing, and He delights in all of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment