Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Change of Fortune

Hello World,
We got a pleasant surprise this afternoon at Kylar's ballet class :)  My wonderful husband got sent home early for the holidays!  I think one of my favorite things to see is my kids seeing Todd when he comes home or shows up unexpectedly.  Their faces are so incredibly full of delight when they see him.  Do you have a favorite memory or image that you like to see?

A Change of Fortune by Jen Turano is the story of Lady Eliza Sumner.  She has come to the United States for one reason only, and that's to get her fortune back from her families greedy stealing financial adviser.  What she didn't intend was to run into the dashingly handsome Hamilton Beckett or his two adorable children.  What happens next is a fun adventuresome romance.

This witty book had me laughing through the whole story.  Eliza is a fun and adorable character that I immediately fell in love with.  Ms. Turano did an awesome job at developing an interesting story, and characters to boot.  Not only did I see myself being pulled into this book, but I also was second guessing how Lady Eliza would get her money back!  This truly was a fun read with tons of wit, fun challenges, and insightful moments of truth.  So dear readers if you're looking for a winsome book, please read Ms. Turano's A Change of Fortune.
*This book was given to me via Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

1 Peter 4:10
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.

What a great reminder to us all that God has given us amazing gifts.  Are you using it?  To the best of your ability?  A while ago I was convicted of this when I was asked to play for our church.  I was allowing fear to get a hold of me and stopping me from using my gift for the Lord.  Thank goodness we have a gracious and loving God :)  and He convicted me of what I was doing.  So dear readers, each of you has a gift, remember to use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment