Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Love


                                                      (@palacecoffee thanks for the cup)
So, I've been really trying hard to memorize 1 Corinthians 13, and it has taught me some pretty amazing things.  So here I am, the good the bad and the ugly.  This is what God has been teaching me as I've been memorizing it.

Love is patient and kind:  when my kids are demanding or being rude.  I can be patient with them and kindly remind them how to act.  Love does not envy or boast:  this is a hard one for me at times.  I don't need to be jealous of someone else's gain, or brag about how good certain things are in life (it became obvious that even when I do boast in a kind or sly way it is still boasting).  Love is not irritable or rude:  when my kids are asking for the 10th time for something that they know that they can't have, I can answer them with a kind no and patiently explain to them why (this one is a hard one for me, actually all of it is...).  Love bears all (cleaning the house with a happy heart), believes all (not judging people by their words or actions, but by how God see's them), hopes all (wanting the best for every person that God has put in my life, even when it seems they don't like me), endures all (I do not need to complain about the life that God has given me).  Love will never fade or pass away (thank you Jesus, because boy do I need your amazing awesome love).  As for prophecy, knowledge, and tongues (awesome gifts, but once Jesus comes these will cease).  Love is perfect it will never end.

So this is what I've learned so far and I have a couple more verses to go.  I hope those who are memorizing with me are gaining insight as much as I am.  I pray that God touches your heart today and that you see His amazing and unending love.

1 Corinthians 13:1-10English Standard Version (ESV)

The Way of Love

13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogantor rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

1 comment:

  1. There yuh go again...teaching me more about the love of Jesus than any one person I have ever known:) A sterling book review my love!

    ReplyDelete