Thursday, June 6, 2013

That Certain Summer

Hello World,
It's a brilliant cool summer day, my windows are open and right now at this moment the kids are watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  I have a few moments to write this review out.  I also wanted to give you another cute picture of my oldest Kylar.  She is an avid reader, she loves laying about and reading.  I hope you enjoy it :)

That Certain Summer by Irene Hannon is  a multi-faceted story of several characters who are in essence thrown together.  Circumstances bring two estranged sisters together, as well as a broken musician and a widowed father.  Karen and Val's ornery mother has suffered a stroke and Val must come home to help with the care taking.  While Scott is recovering from a tragic accident that stopped his career, and David is looking to start over after the loss of his wife.  As the story enfolds more truths are unveiled and the four come to understand what God has for them.

This story was something that you needed to read and ponder.  This book made me  experience emotions that only come from a well written book.  I was angry at the mom!  She was definitely not a nice woman, and she made life miserable for her two daughters.  She was controlling and manipulative and really not a very nice person.  When you have an author that create emotions in you whether they may be good or bad, I would say it's a good book.  Just know that this book touches on issues that may not be appropriate for a young reader.  So dear readers if you want a book that is a contemporary romance that brings emotions out of you, please read That Certain Summer.

*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion, and I honestly gave it.
“Available June 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Jeremiah 29:11 
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

What a beautiful verse, can you imagine all that Jeremiah went through?  Yet God's word is true, he protected him even when circumstances seemed to be bleak.  Remember that dear readers when your circumstance looks bleak.  God knows the plans He has for you!  Plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment