Saturday, June 29, 2013

Slow Moon Rising

Hello World,
Well we just finished up a whirlwind vacation in Wisconsin.  It's a bittersweet feeling I have, one where I miss all of my family and friends and the feel of comfort called home, but sweet because we truly have developed lasting friendships and life here in Amarillo.  So it's sad to say goodbye to the comforts that I would consider to be my childhood home, but it's nice to be home with friends and the simple joys of living a very blessed life.  I hope that makes sense, as I'm typing I'm trying to sort out everything that I'm feeling and hope that you understand that I love both just as much.  Truly God has blessed me greatly.  Has he blessed you with something unexpected lately?

Slow Moon Rising is the third and final installment of the cedar key novels by Eva Marie Everson.  Written over numerous years; five women's viewpoints are seen through the eyes of the reader as they come across unexpected secrets that have affected themselves and their families.  These leading ladies have to deal with the consequences of other's actions and in the end understand the grace of God.

Deep breath.  This is a hard book to read, please don't get me wrong Eva Marie Everson is a great writer.  She just deals with really tough topics that will make you contemplate and see that in the end sin really can have a ripple affect over the years.  Understand though, that God's grace and amazing forgiveness is throughout the book and just like Christ overcoming death so does this book overcome sin with forgiveness.  So dear readers if you are looking for a deep contemplative book to read, I suggest you read Slow Moon Rising by Eva Marie Everson.
*This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.
"Available June 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group."

Philippians 4:4
 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

I love the simplicity of this verse.  Always, rejoice... Through the good times and the hard, the laughter, and tears, the contentment, and through the strife, through times of poverty and richness.  Always Rejoice.  So dear readers, Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment