Monday, September 17, 2012

Fully Alive by Ken Davis

Hello World!
I had an absolutely amazing weekend.  We had some very dear friends of ours volunteer to watch Todd and my most precious gifts in the world our children, and then we had some other amazing friends watch our dog for the weekend so we could celebrate our wedding anniversary in style.  What a blessing it was, we laughed, talked, ate, and watched soccer until we were practically comatose :)  Did you do anything fun this weekend?

Fully Alive by Ken Davis, is an interesting book.  I first decided to review this book because Mr. Davis is a very hilarious speaker.  He always combines his comedy with the deep message of Christ's sacrifice, and whenever I listen there is a lot of laughter, but also moments that make me want to draw deeper into our relationship with Christ.  This is Mr. Davis's journey towards living a healthier and meaningful life.  A life that stops justification, and starts living with the realization that we were put on this earth for a purpose.  In a classical Ken Davis fashion you will laugh yourself to tears, but also reflect on sections that are all too poignant.

I am truly convicted after reading Fully Alive to live a full life.  Not only was I convicted that at times I am not treating my body well, but also being meaningful with my actions towards others.  This book is a very light and easy read and I recommend it to any reader who feels slightly off in this world.  It's not an in your face Bible book, and by that I mean you won't get a whole lot of verses, but the verses he does use have meaning and depth that go along with each section he is writing about.  So dear readers if you are interested in reading Ken Davis's journey put a stake in this moment and read Fully Alive.

*This book was given to me via booksneeze for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

John 8:12
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”

Recently we have had our son Drew become very afraid of the dark.  If his closet light isn't on he will go into freak out mode.  He starts shaking, and guttural cries are uttered from his mouth.  He really is afraid of the dark, but as soon as we put on his closet light the world seems to be much safer.  Are you at a moment in time where it's dark?  Are you terrified of what might be coming at you?  Please dear readers remember that there is one who will be that night light to you.  So I'm going to write this verse again so you can remember who is the ultimate night light when the world seems so dark.  Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment