Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Every Storm



Hello World!
It is a quiet Wednesday morning.  The fall colors are starting to spread through out the trees and there is a briskness to the air.  I love Texas, but there is one thing that Texas doesn't have and it's fall.  In Wisconsin the trees would be a beautiful array of oranges, reds, yellows, and browns.  Here it's mainly yellows.  In Wisconsin farms are fresh with corn mazes, hay rides, apple orchards, and pumpkins. Here it's just pumpkins :)  Don't get me wrong I love where I live, but you can't get good ol' Wisconsin falls anywhere else, but Wisconsin.  So if you live in Wisconsin be sure to drive by the bluffs near LaCrosse, or go apple picking at Elegant Farmer, or stop by Prellwitz Produce and tour their brand new winery!  And don't forget to be thankful for the beauty surrounding you :)

Every Storm by Lori Wick is just one of those books that you can re-read over and over :)  Well truthfully I re-read all of her books over and over.  I never have to worry that any of her books aren't scriptural, or feel that some of her scenes are too steamy.  It's just a fun romantic read.  Most of the time her books are life books.  When I say that, Ms. Wick's books will take you on one characters journey of faith.  Of course there is always romance, but there is also adventure, growth, or suspense too.  I love it.

In Every Storm we have Ms. Lorraine Archer's life story.  Her journey starts her off on a cattle ranch in Australia where her sister Josie and her teach.  What seemed to be a fun adventure took a turn for the worse when World War Two broke out and their plane crashes on an island.   I won't say much more, but be prepared to cry a little and see what happens in Lorraine's life :)

1 Timothy 2:1-3
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people.  As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks.  Pray this way for kings and all others who are in authority, so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity.  This is good and pleases God our Savior.

I think we forget this plea from Paul.  How important it is to pray for everyone.  Most importantly for people who have authority.  I have been convicted of that recently.  I don't share the same views as our President, but that doesn't give me an excuse to not pray for him.  I would much rather live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment