Monday, March 26, 2012

A Texan's Honor

I know what you're thinking... Bre it's not even Wednesday and you're writing another blog.  Here is why dear readers, I have too many books to read from all of theses awesome publishers.  Thank you netgalley.com you guys rock.  Thus why I am writing on a Monday about A Texan's Honor by Shelley Gray.  This book was given to me by Abingdon Press in hopes of my honest opinion.  And I am honestly very excited to review this book.

A Texan's Honor immediately drew me in because of the cover.  I love adventure stories!  You can just tell it's going to be an adventure story with a train and a very contemplative looking man on it's cover.  This is the 2nd book in the series Heart of a Hero, don't fret though you don't need to read the first book to understand the second book.   Ok, on to the description!  I would like to describe this book kind of like jumping into a Lake.  The rush and excitement is immediate.  Jamie Ellis finds herself in a horrible situation, a gang of thieves has overtaken the train and is keeping her and several gentleman captive.  Very afraid for her virtue and life she finds herself in the precarious position of being the only female captive.  Will McMillan is undercover as a gang member of the Walton gang.  How does Will protect Jamie and see her safely to her Aunts?  What's the story of Scout Proffitt hmmmm....  Very intriguing

If this doesn't have you jumping out of your seat to go buy the book I don't know what does!  Ms. Gray does an excellent job of combining heart stopping adventure and truly meaningful characters.  She doesn't overdo the high risk, on the edge, nail biting scenes, which I'm very grateful for.  She weaves a great story with characters I loved getting to know and hoping the best for them.  It was a great read!  I hope you go pick A Texan's Honor and enjoy it as much as I did.  In fact as soon as I got done with the book I started re-reading it again (that is how good the book was, it is definitely a re-read book).

Romans 4:20
No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God. ESV


Oh to be like Abraham when times are tough!  This is actually a verse that I have memorized for this very reason.  When tough times come for me, or if I feel God has promised me something and it hasn't come yet I refer to this verse.  This verse is referencing Abraham and he didn't stop praising God, he didn't stop giving God the glory and praise He deserved.  Not only does he praise God, but He doesn't stop trusting in the promises God gave him.  I am so childish when it comes to not getting my way, and here I see I need to be trusting God and giving Him glory.  My faith grows strong every time I choose to do exactly what this verse says.  Hopefully I remember that when hard times comes and to give God the glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment