Sunday, March 22, 2020

Struggle


Hello World,
Never in my mind would I have thought how changing each day brings.  I am that girl who is a planner.  I literally have three planners (thank you Erin Condren), I make one week plans, one year plans, five year plans, and ten year plans.  My teaching curriculum and concert pieces are set up the year before.  Every binder is printed out for the students, and songs are studied and ready to go for me to teach.   Yes, my friends, I am that type of person...

So when I read this verse in James, it is a curve ball to my whole being.  The Coronavirus is something that took my plans and threw it in the trash.  Not only my schedule, but my kids schedule.  This truly could be something that is detrimental for me, if I didn't realize who is control.  It's not easy, and by golly I'm going to have to remind myself that if the Lord wills, I will live, and do this or that.  So these last couple of days I have learned to be flexible, and to trust in the one who wills.

And do you know what I've seen?  Some pretty amazing things.  Like Drew's martial arts coach giving him a private lesson over FaceTime.
I've seen friends sending information to ballet instructors who are teaching online during this time.
I've seen the Bagel Place of Amarillo, TX offer fair priced essentials like flour and eggs to their customers because the grocery stores are out.  I've seen friends check up on each other and family message one another.  These are trying times, but I hope you're able to see something good, and if you can't know that each day is new.

Instead you ought to say, "if the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."  James 4:15

Love,
The Jesus Book Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment