Friday, October 28, 2011

A PJ Sugar Novel

Well this week the flu has run it's course through the whole entire family. So we have been housebound watching movie after movie. My husband (who is amazing) let me get out of the house to go to the library one evening. Now you might be thinking the library! That's not very fun, but truthfully it's a great place, and it's free. Let me tell you dear readers how very rare it is for me to go to the library by myself. Usually it is with all three kids in tow and I have precisely fifteen minutes to search for books before someone starts crying or pulling books off the shelf. Needless to say you can't do the library justice with children in tow :-)

With my trip to the Library I was able to pick up four books, so be prepared to be inundated by my posts. The first book I read was a book by Susan May Warren. If you don't know much about her she writes books set in todays time and there is always a little bit of mystery in them. License for Trouble is book three of a series called A PJ Sugar Novel. These books take you on PJ Sugar's journey. She is an adopted daughter who was considered the black sheep of the family and she is trying to fit herself back in to a small town and family after being gone for ten years.

Now that I've given you a bit of some background I'll let you know what I thought about License for Trouble. I'll admit I liked it, but there were some things that kind of drove me nuts. For one, there was a love triangle in the book. I'm not a big fan of those because truthfully it doesn't make sense. I'm sure there are plenty of people that can relate to loving two people at the same time, but for me that has never happened to me. Also if you haven't read the first two books you will kindof be left in the dark with a lot of things. There is a great mystery and I always love a rock em' sock em' mystery and this book has it. PJ the main character is essentially a broken woman who needs to find herself in a world that remembers her past and labels her for it. It's a great book about remembering we are new in Christ, and I loved that that message was brought home in such an intricate way. So if you love a good mystery and can handle a love triangle I recommend this book to you. Enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment