Saturday, November 5, 2016

When Love Arrives

Hello World!
So today was one of those cloudy dreary days in Amarillo, TX where you want to snuggle in by the fire and read a book, and that my dear readers, is exactly what I did.  It was beautiful, a cup of coffee made by my sweet husband, as well as the fire started by him too (I'm spoiled by my man), it was the perfect atmosphere to read an incredibly interesting tale by Johnnie Alexander.

When Love Arrives by Johnnie Alexander we meet two very deeply hurt souls.  Brett is a self proclaimed ladies man and multi millionaire, while Dani is an up and coming film producer/director. These two lives become entwined on a fateful night outside of a hospital.

This isn't your usual boy meets girl; falls in love kind of story, and I loved it for that very reason.  There's depth to the characters that Ms. Alexander composed in this book and it drew me in wanting to know each one.  I found myself seeing a man i.e. Brett who wanted change in his life, but not fully knowing how to trust/pray to God, this was true for Dani too.  As Brett and Dani begin their journey we are introduced to some amazing godly characters that help them along their way.  These characters made me think about how God brings people into my life and how simply praying for them or listening to them can be the nudge for them to accept God as their Lord and Savior.  God's hand is in everything, and this book is just one of those instances where I see it.  A very well written, fun book, that has nuggets of truth for everyone.  If your interested in this book feel free to click here.

*Yo peeps this book was given to me by Revell, so I can honestly say what I say.

Romans 12:1-2 msg
So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment