Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Organic Outreach for Families

Hello World,
I don't know about you, but our weather here in little ol' Amarillo is crazy!  Yesterday it was 95 degrees today it dropped to about 50 degrees and tomorrow we're supposed to get snow :-/  Seriously, let's just call the whole thing off and make it a nice 80 degrees so the kids and I can go swimming.  What are you doing today?  Anything fun?

Organic Outreach for Families by Kevin G. and Sherry Harney is a book about being a light.  Not only you as an individual, but as a family.  It talks about how your home can be a warm place for people to come to and a safe haven for your children and their friends.  It's a book about spiritual growth as well as growing closer to one another through the grace of Jesus Christ.  To summon it up, it's none of the preservatives, or fake chemicals of commercial Christianity, just all natural home grown goodness that God intended it to be
 :-)

As our small little family is growing up, my kids are no longer in the shelter of our quaint home.  Kylar is off to preschool and ballet, Drew is in swim lessons, and who knows what our sweet Livie will do, but they're outside in the world.  Where the harshness of the world, can sometimes be overwhelming.  I loved this book because it talked about living your faith with your family.  It was a great reminder to me, that if we raise our children with the message of Jesus, sharing His grace, and His love, there is a big chance that I am giving them tools to be small beacons of light in public school and their friends.  It was a really great book and I hope anyone with a family will read this and take the important lessons from it to help your family create an organic outreach.

*This book was given to me via booksneeze in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

Ezekiel 3:10
Then He added, "Son of man, let all my words sink deep into your own heart first.  Listen to them carefully for yourself."

  Here God is speaking to Ezekiel about the things that will be happening in the future to Israel.  These words truly took me in and held me.  What a visual to literally have the words of our Father sink deep into our heart first, and then listen carefully to them.  We have such an incredible, living Word (the Bible)  I pray that those words dear readers sink deep into your heart, and that you listen carefully to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment