Sunday, April 21, 2013

Love at Any Cost

Hello World,
How are you doing?  What a week!  Dear readers if you or someone you know that has been affected by the bombings during the Boston Marathon please accept my heartfelt prayers for you or your loved ones.  This is truly tragic and makes my heart hurt for the people that went to this marathon thinking it be a time of exuberance and it ended with fear and violence.  If you need prayer in any way please feel free to write your prayers in my comment section and I will be praying for you this week.

Love at Any Cost by Julie Lessman is by far my favorite book that this author has ever written.  It doesn't hurt that our main character Cassidy McClare is an oil heiress from Texas (my hometown).  Poor Cassidy had been jilted, one week away from her wedding.  To escape the cruel remarks, she travels to San Francisco to nurse her wounded heart and to hopefully escape the gossips.  Little did she expect the same type of man who broke her heart to literally knock her over when she steps off the train.  Can she keep grounded enough to not get hurt again or is Cassidy in a load of trouble.

Like I so stated in the above statement this book was fun to read.  Not only did I feel that Ms. Lessman did a great job weaving faith and God's love into it, but as always she writes surprises behind every page turn.  I think you'll appreciate how well she writes about the historical aspect of the book too.  The gilded age is by far one of my favorite time periods to read about and Ms. Lessman did not let me down.  So dear readers, if you're looking for a fun romance, with new twists and turns please read Love at Any Cost.

“Available April 15, 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”
This book was given to me via Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

So I wanted to do something a little different today.  With church being this morning for me, this song that was sung has truly been in my mind all day.  It's by the band Jesus Culture and it's such sweet words that I wanted to share them with you.  Please read them and then go ahead to the link and listen to the melody.   What an awesome to praise God through song.  I hope you enjoy it, it's called One Thing Remains.




Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing… Remains [repeat]

[Chorus:]
Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me [3x]

On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never, ever, have to be afraid
One thing remains

[Bridge:]
In death, In life, I’m confident and
covered by the power of Your great love
My debt is paid, there’s nothing that can
separate my heart from Your great love...



For the link to listen to it please click here!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alaena,
    Yes, I am a very big fan of Deanne Gist, unfortunately she writes only one book a year :( well worth the wait though. Her next one is coming out soon and I'll be writing a review on it, maybe I'll even have a raffle for my readers who comment. :-) Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete