Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shattered

Hello World,
I can smell spring :)  The windows are open and the kids are playing in the backyard as I look on them as I type.  I also can tell it's spring because I started working out.  I'm not a very motivated lady, but a friend of mine encouraged me to run a 5K.  I was like I can so do that, so now dear readers your Jesus book girl is preparing for a 5K and her goal is to run it around 22 minutes.  I used to be able to do 6 minute miles so I'm hoping I can run this baby with 7 minute miles.  Here is to hoping :)

Shattered by Dani Pettrey is the second book in the Alaskan Courage series.  The Mckenna family is once again in a bind when their brother Reef is incriminated with murder.  Not only is the evidence steeped against him, but so is the town's people he once grew up with.  The only thing Piper Mckenna can do is her own investigation.  Deputy Landon Grainger has been Pipers best friend for years and the last thing he wants is to arrest her brother for murder.  As the two join together to investigate the murder, they realize a deadly game is being played, that the two might not make it out alive.

This book is a hold on to your horse, this is going to be a fast ride.  If you love a good mystery, dear readers this is the book for you.  Not only does Ms. Pettrey dish out the suspense, but she adds just enough romance in it to keep me cheering for Piper and Landon.  Even though I haven't had the pleasure of reading the first book, I didn't feel that it put too much of a damper reading Shattered.  So dear readers if you haven't already read the first book of the series don't feel shy go ahead and jump into Shattered you won't regret it.

*This book was given to me via Bethany House a division of Baker Publishing Group in hopes of my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NRSV)
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


This past week our church, Hillside Christian Church gave a sermon on complaining.  As Pastor Tommy explained, complaining basically perverts the blessings God has given us.   The definition of pervert is to Alter (something) from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.  Man did that definition stay with me.  It made me realize that God has numerously given incredible things/blessings to me and here I am complaining and wishing for it to be different.  Lord Jesus forgive me for perverting your blessings time and again, May I continually rejoice, praying without ceasing, and give thanks in all circumstances, because that is your will.

On another note congrats to Carmen Benge who won the book Love in a Broken Vessel :)  Leave me your address so I can get it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment