Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Mom Guilt

Let's talk about Mom Guilt...

This is my Kylar Marie, she is beautiful and stunning.  She has a passion for all forms of dancing.  Every year around this time is Lone Star Ballet's Unleashed Performance.  It happens every year, around the same time.  Did I mention it happens every year around the same time?

So when you schedule a concert the night of a dress rehearsal, as well as a field trip that will be in Dallas on the night of her performance you can somewhat see why I have mom guilt.

It hard this year friends.  Why, because I very unknowingly scheduled my orchestra's concert and field trip on nights my daughter has her biggest performance!!!  What do I even do with that?  I have two options in handling this situation.  One feel immense guilt and wallow in self pity because my daughter will forever be traumatized and will need therapy for the rest of her life because mom made a mistake ;)  or I can fall on the grace of my Lord and Savior and admit I made a mistake and allow God to work through everything. 

Paul talks about this in Romans 3:23-25
23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.25God presented Him as an atoning sacrifice through faith in His blood, in order to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance He had passed over the sins committed beforehand.

I cling to the knowledge that God knew this was going to happen, and that even though my mistake was huge I am justified freely by His grace through redemption that is in Christ Jesus.  We have all fallen short friends, don't let the mom guilt or guilt in general eat you up, but cling to the knowledge that Jesus has redeemed you.

P.S. If you would like to see my beautiful daughter dance tickets are on sale through their website and you can click HERE.  The performance are this Friday May 18th and this Saturday May 19th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment