Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Excuses

So here's the deal.

I've been practicing for Amarillo Symphony Auditions.  And I'm starting to get that feeling in my stomach.  You all know that feeling.  The doubt is rising in my mind.  Things like...

"Breanna Laine, you really are too old to be auditioning"
"Honestly, you can't even play fast parts beautifully.  Why are you doing this"
"You're not going to make it, so why try out"

I really dislike those thoughts.  By golly,  I hate that my mind automatically goes negative when I would like to try for something.  So here are my excuses world!  Here I am inadequate, and you get what you get with me. 

This is not a very eloquent blog, just my open and honest self about what I've been struggling with lately. 

Here is God's Words to me and those who struggle with feelings of inadequacy.

Jeremiah 32:42
For thus says the Lord: Just as I have brought all this great disaster upon this people, so I will bring upon them all the good that I promise them.


Psalms 56:11
In God I trust; I shall not be afraid.  What can man do to me?

2 Corinthians 5:11
Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others.  But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience.

Psalms 42:5
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?  Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation.

John 7:17
If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.

Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment