Saturday, December 15, 2012

When Life is Hard

Hello World,
With a sad heart I'm writing today.  It's hard to imagine why someone would ever do the violent act that happened in Newtown, Connecticut.  I can only pray that our Father comforts those affected by the violence.  My words have left me during this time, but I encourage you all to follow this link to read John Piper's blog on this, please click here

A lot of times we can question why God allows things to happen in our life or others; whether it's violence, sickness, loss of a job, or life being just plain hard.  James MacDonald wrote a very eloquent book on this topic called When Life is Hard.  I read this book when I was going through a difficult time and I'm very glad I did.  Mr. MacDonald takes four sections in the Bible to walk through a step by step process for your hardship.  I know I've discussed this book previously, but sometimes it's helpful to have another reminder of a great book that can help you.

I'll leave you with a quote from Mr. MacDonald's book.

  "I've come to see that being tested by God is very loving.  Frankly, I'd rather find out now that I don't have the real thing than get to heaven and be surprised.  You want your faith tested.  You want to put your full weight down on the faith that you have in Christ and see if it holds up, because if your faith hasn't changed you, it hasn't saved you.  Better to find out while there is still time to get it right."  James MacDonald.

Psalm 119:50
 My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.  

I leave you with this verse if in any way you are hurting, please cling to the Lord and the words that are life changing the Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment