Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Prize of My Heart

Hello World,
What a great week it's been so far.  I think I've finally conquered one of my monsters this week.  Are you curious to know which monster I've finally conquered?  It's the messy house monster.  I found a great little blog on pinterest that posted a daily house cleaning schedule.  Can I just tell you how awesome it is.  It's very simple and not overwhelming at all.  Each day you have upkeep that you have to do, and then on a certain day of the week you tackle one major cleaning chore.  For instance today was cleaning the bedrooms.  Very neat and very easy for my attention deficit self :-)  Here is the link to her blog and the daily house keeping schedule I've started doing. time-warp-wife

Prize of My Heart immediately drew me in.  I was enthralled by the description on the back of the cover.  A privateer searching for his missing son for three years.  Captain Brogan Talvis finally finds him in a small town living with a prosperous ship builders family.  Lorena is the daughter who cares for the young boy and finds herself in a predicament.  She just recently spurned her childhood friend's proposal and she has troubling secrets of her own.  These two are forced together because of their love for one boy and a tale that follows them from land to high seas!

I love ship stories, seriously I gobbled up all of the Pirate of the Caribbean movies (plus the music to the movies is divine).  So when this book was offered to me by Bethany House to review I couldn't pass it up.  This is my first time reading a Lisa Norato novel, and I enjoyed her way of writing and how she led the reader on a merry mystery (yes I did say merry mystery).  With all the twist and turns and a troublesome past of Captain Brogan, I couldn't put the book down.  Literally, I looked at the clock and it was 11:30 at night, way past my mommy bedtime. If the rest of her books are anything like this high adventure romance, I'll certainly be reading more from her.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 KJV
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might!

I have to admit something... I'm lazy.  Seriously, if I could, I would love to sit on the couch reading book after book and eating chocolate and sipping on a glass of Pepsi.  So when I read a verse like this my conviction meter sky rockets.  Screaming to me, "God has given you an amazing opportunity with these adorable children, and a beautiful house, get to work and stop being lazy!"  So once again I put my book away until the time is right, set aside my chocolates for emergency only, and the Pepsi goes back into the fridge for quick sips as I go about my day trying my hardest to do a job well done for my Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment