Saturday, April 21, 2012

More Beauty Less Beast

Hello World!
Did you guys know that you, yeah you right now who are reading this blog are from countries such as Russia, Peru, Germany, United States, Canada and a good amount more!  That truly is such a humbling thing.  Thank you for reading my blog and I truly hope you're getting the chance to find some good books, and maybe grow a little closer to Christ.  Since I have so many numerous readers I wanted to do something special; so if you become a follower of my blog I will enter you're name into a raffle.  Once I reach 50 followers I'll choose a name and that person will be sent a little care package from me.  You never know what it will bring, a couple of books, a little sweet treat, and maybe something else, we'll see, but you have to become a follower of my blog to be entered.  So go on, don't be shy, go ahead and subscribe to my blog.  The icon is to the right of this area :-)

More Beauty Less Beast,  when I first saw this book I wanted to read it because of the witty name.  Really I think every woman desires to be a little more beautiful and less beast. I felt as I read the book that Debora M. Coty did a great job of being that friend.  You know the one who just comes over for coffee and a chat, or the one you bring shopping with you because they compliment you on the really expensive dress you want and then they say you deserve it, buy it.  Or, the one who says "YOU ARE NOT FAT!!!"  That's how I felt through out the book, that she truly was writing to me saying "Girl, you are amazing, quit nit-picking and love yourself."  There were so many neat little pointers and quotes that I came away with the book truly desiring to grow closer to Christ and truly looking at myself as someone beautiful.

This book is for any woman who needs a little humor in her life and desires to feel beautiful.  Ms. Coty used amazing quotes and scripture to breathe life into the book.  She used God as the back bone, and her humorous writing to tickle your funny bone :-)  The chapters were short; so if I needed to have a quick uplift of my spirit I could.  Well written and beautifully poignant with a touch of humor made me enjoy this book thoroughly.
*I received this e-book via netgalley for my honest opinion, and I honestly did.

John 16:33b  ESV
In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world.

What an incredible verse!  I teach a 4th grade class every Saturday night and this has been our verse for the month of April.  A lot of times I have students who do have tribulation, whether it's being bullied, their mother passed away, or they have been in very dangerous situation; all of these are cause to make us stop and listen to this verse.  Here, Jesus is talking to us specifically, explaining to us, I know what you're going through because I've been through the same pain.  I can just hear Him whispering these words to anyone who is in trouble "I know how hard it is, but take heart, I've gone through a lot of trouble too, and I've overcome the world for you, and you don't have to bear this burden alone."  Oh dear readers!  Know that Christ loves you, and take heart!  Know that He is there for you whenever you ask Him to be with you! He overcame the world for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment