Saturday, November 19, 2016

the Cottage

 Hello World
What a crisp Saturday we are having in Amarillo, Texas.  While it isn't the moors of Scotland, and I don't have a sheep dog :)  I thought it was appropriate to post a pic of our sweet chocolate lab "Lady Parker's Canon" with my amazing Roma boots.  This Canon pup of ours is 11 months old.  She is gentle with such a loving soul; our family couldn't have asked for a better pup :)  My Roma boots are pretty great too because they help out people in Romania; with every boot purchase you make Roma boots donates a pair to those who desperately need a good boot to stay warm and dry in.  These boots would be a great present for anyone, here is the link if you are curious about this company.

Michael Phillips book "the Cottage"  brings to life Loni Ford a young executive assistant who has all of a sudden become the soul heir of a large estate in the Shetland Islands of Scotland.  Not really knowing her family heritage she is surprised and somewhat flustered by the responsibility that is thrust upon her.  Little does she know how much her choice will affect everyone on the Island.

When I sit down to read a book I have several standards that I want if I'm going to like it.  The first would be that it pulls me in immediately and this book did it.  Two that it keeps me entertained, and 3rd that a book makes me think.  Mr. Phillips does a phenomenal job at pulling me in, entertaining me with different perspectives (adding some humor helps too), and all the while making me think how is this story going to end?  That to me are the ingredients of a great book, and the Cottage is definitely the results of mixing those qualities together.  So dear readers, if you want a book that takes you to the beautiful Shetland Islands,the distinct Scottish accent of a good many characters, and that weaves  a complex story; this is the book for you.

If you would like to purchase the book you can click Here.

*Yo peeps this book was given to me by Bethany House for my honest opinion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment