Tuesday, April 15, 2014

1st Peter 2:22

1st Peter 2:22 msg
He never did one thing wrong, not once said anything a miss.  They called him every name in the book and he said nothing back.  He suffered in silence, content to let God set things right.

I am the type of person to want to prove a point, to make sure if I have been wrong that I speak out and get as many digs in to the questioning person as possible.  Not very nice... I know.  So when I read this, the first time my heart hit a wall.  Not only did Jesus die an unspeakable death, but He died with the sins of others on Him quietly.  Never once telling them I told you so, or pushing facts down their throat because He knew He was right.  What an incredible reminder for someone like me.  Jesus was content to suffer in silence, content to let God set things right.  So the next time my sweet husband says something inconsequential (I know it's wrong) I hope and pray that I hold my tongue and let God set things right.

What about you?

How are you going to apply this to your daily walk?

If you're looking for a book to read in the Bible, I highly recommend that you read the whole book of 1st Peter, it's pretty rockin'.  Have a great day, dear readers and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.




No comments:

Post a Comment