Friday, June 22, 2012

Mary Magdalene

Hello World!!!
How is everyone doing today?  About four years ago Todd and I moved from our town of Oshkosh Wisconsin to the very beautiful city of Amarillo, Texas.  We haven't regretted our move, the people in Amarillo are amazing, and their zest for life is refreshing.  But there are family and friends that we left who will always have a place in our heart.  That's why it's always nice to go home and visit our dear family and friends.  We truly are blessed by the places God has put us in.  How about you?  Do you like where you are living?

Mary Magdalene is the fictional book about a very well known character in the Bible.  We see her prominently in the gospels, but we truly don't know her history or what led her to her interactions with Jesus.  Here, Diana Wallis Taylor takes the reader on a historical journey.  A journey where we dwell deeper into the heart of Mary Magdalene.  Her story crosses paths with memorable characters, and people I have known from reading the Bible.

I will admit, I'm always leery of books that use Biblical characters.  The author has to be extremely good at blending historical facts with fiction, and very few can do that.  Here in Mary Magdalene we have an author who has done an exceptional job at that.  It was a relief to be able to read a book that didn't use historical characters in a completely fictional way.  Diana Wallis Taylor was just amazing at telling the story and not crossing the line (I hope you understand what I mean).  If you are a fan of Biblical characters you will indeed find a treasure with this book.
* I received this book via Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest opinion and I honestly gave it.  It is also Available June 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”
 1 Chronicles 16:31
Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice: and let men say among the nations, The Lord reigneth.

I'm literally on the last day of my vacation, I feel completely rested and relaxed as I sit here at my dear sweet friend's kitchen counter typing this verse.  When I think of the heavens I always look up.  Up to the beautiful clouds, up to the breath taking sunset, and up to the moon and the stars.  When I think of the earth rejoicing, I remember my brother reading a science article where they literally found out that the sun plays melodic cords, oh what an amazing thing to be able to hear that!  So even if man does not say it among the nations the earth and the sun will,  THE LORD REIGNS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment