Friday, March 30, 2012

Lady Anne's Quest

Hello!

Well it's a beautiful sunny afternoon and I just had some sweet friends over for a play date.  We met at a Bible Study about two years ago and when the study stopped we decided to keep meeting.   While our kids play we catch up on what's going on.  It really is a great blessing to have these lady's walk through life with.  Do you have a group that you meet with?  I think it's really important to find people that share your same views to learn from each other and help each other out.

In the book Lady Anne's Quest; Lady Anne sets out on a journey to find her Uncle David.  Anne is the sole messenger of telling David the unfortunate news of his brother's passing away and David is now an Earl.  With her journey well on the way, we open the book to find Anne about two days away from finding David (well so she thinks).  With a hopeful suitor in tow and new friends helping her along the way Anne sets out to find her Uncle David.

Upon looking at reviews of this book, it is highly rated and a lot of reviewers say that it's historically accurate and a fun adventure where the characters come alive.  For me personally I just didn't seem to get into the story.  The character development was good, and the plot is exciting, the only thing I can think of is that the story just doesn't seem believable.  With all of the mishaps, dangerous situations, or lies I couldn't feel like this could happen to one person.  I could be totally wrong and please forgive my review.  I for one have to feel that the story could have happened in real life, and for me this story did not do it.  The one character that I really connected with was David Stone, his character had fine qualities and he was very real to me.  Ms. Davis is a good author, and an amazing story teller unfortunately for me I liked the book, I just didn't love it.

*This book was given to me through netgalley through Barbour Books for my honest review.


Isaiah 61:7
Instead of your shame there shall be a double portion; instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their lot; therefore in their land they shall possess a double portion; they shall have everlasting joy.


A friend of mine always kept this verse in her shoe so it would be a reminder for her that God gives double for your trouble.  What an awesome thing to remember that when times are hard there is no shame for there will be a double portion, instead of dishonor there will be rejoicing, and we will everlasting joy.  So when there's trouble just read this verse and remind God "Lord you promised double for my trouble."

No comments:

Post a Comment